If you use the word "EPIC" as an adjective, especially to modify "WIN" or "FAIL", I expect you to be able to supply an account of the victory or failure which must:
- open in media res.
- be vast, covering many nations, the world or the universe.
- begin with an invocation to a muse.
- starts with a statement of the theme.
- use epithets.
- include long lists.
- feature long and formal speeches.
- show divine intervention on human affairs.
- feature heroes that embody the values of the civilization.